Monday, August 10, 2009

Week 6 - Failed...!

One routine done. Only one more lesson to go. Seriously, I really don't feel like saying goodbye just yet. Actually, I never will.

Sentiments aside, I think I failed Week 6. Sobzzz sobzzzzz.....T.T
Let me review my checklist, and you'll know why.

x Get my heel protectors! (Yup, got a pair of P-2s!)

_ Work on my confidence. (You'll know why I failed this after you read on.)

_ Work on those feet. Especially balancing. (Gone are the balance...!!! Extra long spinning warm-ups made our heads spin like hell, poor YiWen had to hold on to the barre, another gal crossed my track & almost crashed into me, and I almost crashed into the mirrors...)

_ Work on postures and lines. Arm extensions, in particular. (I tell you, my lines were HORRIBLE!!! Those feet, I can't seems to ever get them right... *sobs*)

_ And again, don't look at feet! KEEP HEAD UP!!! (Unavoidable as I need to check on my feet which are often out of position... *sobbing even louder*)

_ Get a hang of the routines faster. At least same pace with the seniors. (The fact that I didn't cross this out is pretty much self-explanatory. *nearing breakdown* )

_ Don't get teased or scolded by Sifu. (Like I will never get bashings after all the mistakes and failures above?!! Fat chances! I wasn't the only one but still, that thought never helped one bit. Sorry I dissapointed you, Sifu.)

Yup, THAT CRAP was Week 6.
And yup, you've seen right, I had only 1 out of 7 crossed x out in my entire checklist.
And that one single thing was like, get heel protectors? How hard could that be?


*******
And very unlucky for us, there was a minor incident. The studio's power fuse was burnt midway through our lesson. When we were doing our centre point warm-ups to some music, suddenly the music went off and the whole place went black. T.T
So for the rest of the lesson, we had to dance in the "dark", without music too. It should be kinda romantic, if not for the heat that M'sia The Tropical Country is well known for. Man, we were perspiring mad thru the routines.

But still, that was no excuse for my failure. I should've worked harder. One thing, I didn't give in my fullest effort for that day, which is what I should be blamed for. I'm sorry, really sorry. Promise it won't happen again next time.


*******
When I went to get my heel protectors from Sifu, she sat on the floor helping me fit them in, when another gal asked her if she can have a pair too. Sifu said no, you hadn't had much acheivements yet. The gal was perplexed, why not? And I too was quizzical. So I asked her, huh?!! Then, do I? And she answered, well, a little!

I didn't know if she was joking or not. I couldn't see her face. Seriously I had always thought I was the worst in the entire class, since the rest of the students have at least more than one year of experience. Does Sifu really think that I had improved a little? I thought I was always a dissapointment. You may think, what's the big deal about such a mere comment? But you wouldn't know, how much it meant to me. You see, very rarely Sifu ever gives decent comments about everyone, and when she does, you sure should be real happy. Now you get me?

Neways, I know for sure that I'm still not up to standard yet. And looking from the way Week 6 went, I know that I'm not even close. Sifu used to advise me never to give what I'd learnt all back to her when I leave, and I'll hang on to that advise. I remember there was this other senior who told me the same thing, once you stop, you have to keep all da techniques persistent with you.. if not, you're gonna loose them someday!

*No worries, Jiyi will keep that in mind.*


Week 7 will be my last week there. I pray that it'll be much better. If not, I really won't be able to forgive myself.
Note to self: Have to work on the Rumba Roll that took me so long to figure out..*dummy me*

But for now, can I have some California Sushi Roll and Ebiko please??? Awww... I'm craving for you... scrumptilicious!!!!



No comments: