Sunday, August 31, 2008

Save The Last Dance

Busy busy busy... Had quite a happening week. Speaking test, CTU assignments, maths homework, CA, plus loads of dance rehersals and finally, the real performance. Though the hustle and bustle makes me weary or pissed off at times, I'm quite loving it, in a way. Now that everything's settled, no more performances, no more dances...I seems to be even restless than ever. Yeah, I had maybe my last dance performance in INTEC, last Friday. In the days to come, I'm so going to miss days like these.

Let me give a brief recap of my week. Here goes:

Monday

Speaking test. Kinda flunked it. Still in holiday mood, I suppose. Actually, I only got to know that I'll have a test the day before!!! (Thanks to our highly-efficient class rep) And I went for it without any mental preparation. Hey, I didn't speak much English for the whole 1 week of holiday, okay! It got a bit rusty. Till I forgot to use past tense for past events!!! Uh-oh...big mistake that is!!! I guess a band 7 will be a blessing. Anyway, thank God it's over.

Dance practise at night. Guess everyone's in holiday mood. Our dances are all over the place. Messy steps, clumsy moves, wobbly spins, banging into each other during transitions... I don't know how are we going to face the big day which is only 4 days away if we continue to dance like this. I might just go into hiding that day. SWT.


Tuesday

International Food Carnival thingy at INTEC. There were 8 stalls selling a variety of food from different countries, according to their respective programmes. Korea, Japan, Egypt, USA, Russia, Deutschand, Aussie, and err...dunno what place the ALM represented by selling fish and chips. Went there a bit too late. A lot of food already finish disapu when we got there. Managed to steal a bite of Egyptian food from the ALGs, and Sifu a.k.a Andersen donated me a sushi. Thanks guys! Mis amigos got Korean Kimchi and American breakfast and we shared the food out. These settled my lunch.^-^

Had rehersal at night. Weren't that good either. But it was better than Monday's practise. Hope we can do better. Went back with a painful left arm. Dota King Ken twisted it when we were trying out a new move we saw on a So You Think You Can Dance clip. Ouch... so much for that move.

Did power point for the rest of the nite. CTU presentation...sigh... (what a waste of time) But eventually got addicted to it and ended up doing another silly slideshow with my roommate...


Wednesday

Dance practise again at night. Getting more and more tired day by day. It's been raining all the time these days. Got a bad headache. Bio lab was a turmoil. Catching unseen bubbles from photosynthesis is not a fun thing to do when you have a headache...

Costumes, costumes, costumes. Have to ponder over what to wear for performance. Colour code, dress code, accessories and all. It adds to my headache. But I do love to play dress up. (minus the dress code) Us dancers ended up having sort of a 'fashion parade' for the nite... haven't done my Maths homework and haven't studied for Bio test...sigh)


Thursday

We were supposed to have full dress rehersal at 4pm but it got delayed. And it interfered with my plan to go to CA. Was kinda frustrated with the management. It wasn't the first time they changed the rehersal time without any notice beforehand.

Ended up ponteng rehersal and going to CA. Actually my partner Ken also not going, so I have no one to dance with even if I go to the rehersal. CA's theme was Independence Day... and when we got upstairs, Eliza was just going to decorate the place with loads of M'sia flags... there were a couple big ones... and we wrap them around our body and run about, feigning rejoycing Olympic medallists... swt.

(No pictures with me now, only this one of a siao person pretending to be a flying Superman)



I won in games!!! For the first time in my life I think... I used to be a loser when it comes to games, but this time I won!!! And the prize is chocolate from Deutschland!!! Gracias ALG9 super super seniors!!! But this was one weird game, that is pairing up all the people, and the pair who can look straight into each other's eyes the longest without smiling or laughing or vomiting or whatever, will win. Got paired up with 'Sifu'. (swt) (this one ciplak punya sifu. Ok, is drum sifu lar, no offence ya, andersen!) Usually I surely beh tahan in this type of games, but dunno why this time we can even make funny faces at each other and not smile. Maybe because chocolate from Deutschland was too tempting! Or maybe I'm 'scared' because 'Sifu' looks too 'fierce'. (oops) (I was the one who smiled eventually. 'Sifu' so geng, he can keep a supposingly straight face all the time?!)


This is mua prize!!! Yummy! (Any sacrifice is worth it...uh well, I mean...)



The talk was creative and inspiring too. The marble part was awesome. I kept my marble safe in my bag. I hope I can always keep it as a reminder. Hey, I seems to be preparing a CA report with this long entry! lol... But I do really love CA.


Friday

The big day. Our last dance performance appoinment. Nada after that. We senior dancers are going to retire and leave it to the juniors. (makes me sound so old...sob)

There weren't many people there I think. Just enough to fill the hall losely. Kinda informal. We didn't even bother much to put on makeup. Our dance was a combined one, so there were Malay Dance, Indian Dance, 70's Chinese Dance and our New Jazz + Hip-Hop Fusion Dance. I'm in the new jazz team. (bored of hip-hop) For our performance, well, can't expect much from a lame choreograph and lack of practise right? But we tried our best, and nothing real bad happened, like collisions etc...praise the Lord. And the best part is we can camwhore in our costumes after that, and we got a huge hamper as a token of gratitude! Yay!!! So our last dance can be considered a success afterall.



Mi y mis amigos!!! My roomies...they are all doing the 70's dance






The 2 pairs of new jazz dancers- Szemin & Karpui, me & Ken



This is nuestro hamper!!! Bonita!!!



Me & brudder...(taiko) :p


Camwhoring with roomies back in hostel



Back in hostel, in my costume- minus the dress code

Adios! Hasta luego!

***********************************


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww. u getting prettier :) sau ngm sau kao?? hehe :P

Christine C said...

Sor mui mui!!!
U also getting prettier and prettier la... Miss you lotz!!!

How's studio, Sifu and friends?

hope you guys are all well!!!

p/s: awww, I WANT TO GO BACK TO DANCE!!!