Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm Sorry...

Raining on and off for the whole afternoon. But never mind that, I get to spend my afternoon with Sifu.

Yup, I got to see my Sifu, finally. Been how long I haven't seen her? One month? Or is it more? Goodness, I do miss her so. As I expected my dad to say something like,"What?! Go dancing again?...What time?..." (grumble grumble... about wasting his time and my time...), so I felt so much relieved to have Sifu to fetch me there. Save the trouble, save the grumble. (Peace!)


In the car, she asked me a question, is dancing something you really WANT, or is it something you really LIKE. There's difference. If you WANT it, you'll work harder for it, compared to if you LIKE it. I thought about the question for a long time, and I didn't know the anwser. At least, I can't answer it, now. Maybe, there'll be one day, I could be able to answer the question, confidently. I can only tell her that I'm something in between. And she said it can't be so, I'll be forever stuck in the gap. I really wish that I could give her a better answer, one day.


She asked me again, won't you feel proud if you are to train under a famous teacher? I answered, "Sure!". She told me she wasn't a famous teacher. Uh-oh... I told her that as long as I feel that she's great, it's all that matters. And yes, deep from my heart I do really think she's great. You see, a great teacher isn't everything about excellent dance skills and fame. It's always something more, something from within. It's just too hard to explain.


Learnt Samba today. I don't know why sifu chose to teach me that. I thought she was going to give me a new routine for the dances that I've learnt, but she taught me a new dance instead. The second hardest dance of all 5 Latin dances. No joke, it IS hard. To execute the moves nicely, I mean. It involves a lot of movements of the belly, something similar to Belly Dancing. Sorry Sifu, I think I did not dance well up to your expectation today. I'll work harder this time, for sure. You see, it's been quite a long time I haven't been dancing Latin. Life in INTEC doesn't really allow me to do so either. (akasia badminton court's always full) And to think that I had promised you that I would work harder!!! I'm so so so sorry.


I'm working. It just takes time. More time. I have to juggle ALM life and to explore by myself how is it that the force should be kept at waist level while letting your feet jive along lightly, looking weightless.

Just hope you'll understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u're great! u'll achieve ur dream one day. wish i could get a chance to see ur performence :D miss u :)

Christine C said...

Thanks. I hope so too. Hoping to find a partner 1st.
Maybe that time i can perform along with you ler?!!!
Looking forward!
Miss ya too!