Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dinner And Dance; A Tribute To My Beloved Sifu

Went to the much anticipated dinner and dance yesterday. Oh my, it's such a great experience! This is my first time watching Latin Dance performances live, right from the dancefloor...wow! I can only say wow, Wow, WOW!!! Little kiddies, teens, seniors, professionals...they heated up the dancefloor with their oh-so-beautiful routines and moves. I'm totally mesmerized!


I suddenly felt proud for my Sifu, she taught all those students with love and care, and here they were, dancing their hearts out to her carefully choreographed routines. Every step they take, every move they flaunt, it reflects her. Her hard work, her passion, her success. Sifu, I see you smiling, a smile of joy and contentment, and I smile for you too. So much you've gone through, but so much you've gained as well.


Sifu, I remember clearly that day before I left to Shah Alam, my last lesson, you talked to me for a few hours...you told me about your past-------How you'd secretly taken up dancing without your parents knowledge, how you were looked down upon when you first started learning, how you never gave up even when other classmates of yours had left one by one, what special things that your very own sifu taught you, how you met your current partner who's also your husband, how you overcome every little problems between both of you, how you flaunt or flunk in various competitions, how you eventually started your dance teacher's career and how you made it to what you are today. You told me life was never a bed of roses for you, but you carry one belief that whatever can be accomplished if you have the determination. You believe that hard work will eventually pay off. (And that is what you used to advise me ever so often.) And you said, with a twinkle in your eyes, that the only thing that had brought you so far is the never-ending passion towards dancing, right in your heart.


I listened with awe and with a heart bursting with respect and admiration. I salute you for your courage, your passion, and your strong determination. All along the conversation, I think I could almost see a glow above your head, oh my, you seems like an angel!!! An angel motivating me with words of wisdom, feeding me with your very own experience, so that I could grow along with you. Never ever in my life, had I ever seen a teacher like you. A teacher who had taught me so much more about life, over the one month I've been with you, you've really taught so much more than just dancing. And every word you speak, I remember, I treasure them more than the most precious diamonds. I'll carve them in my heart, so that they will stay, forever.
I especially love that cute little quote you gave me: "只要你有手有脚又还未死,那你就可以跳舞啦!不用怕些什么的。就去吧!输了又不用死的。"


Thank you thank you Sifu!!! Thanks for everything. Thanks for letting me attend your dinner and dance without a ticket. I really don't know how to express my gratitude to you for letting me attend something so nice, for free. How very nice of you to give me a chance to all of these wonderful experiences, and even to bring me to my place in person when I was feeling a little lost when I first arrived and without a ticket in hand, to fetch me back home after the ceremony... Thank you for this memorable night. And thank you for every little thing you've taught me, for all the lessons of life.

I love you, Sifu.

No comments: