Monday, September 10, 2012

If this were a song...

If I can write a song,
I will write one for you,
but sorry I don't know any music.
If I can paint a picture,
It'll be a picture of you,
but sorry I have no gifted touch.
If I can make you happy,
I'll try my best for you,
to make you feel like the luckiest girl in the world,
But sorry I don't seem to be the one.

I know this is not much,
not much at all,
But this is the only thing I can do,
to write a little something for you.
If this would ever be a song,
You might not know,
But yes it is for you.

Have I ever told you,
How I love your eyes?
They sparkle like stars in the sky,
of gold and green or grey... sorry I'm not really sure,
Truth is I never dare to look for long,
For fear you could see,
All this feelings I have inside me.

Have I ever told you,
How I love your smile?
Bright and warm as the summer sun,
Takes my breath away every single time.
So I tried all I could,
just to see that smile on your face;
Hope I didn't look too silly,
I just wanted to see you happy.

If I had a recorder,
I hope you don't mind if I save your voice;
How you called my name,
How you laughed,
How you ordered me around...
And if I would listen to it someday,
I know it'll put a smile on my face,
Helps me remember you better,
When you're long gone away.

If you'd ask me what I am feeling,
I would tell you,
There's nothing I wanted more
Than to kiss you right now.
But then again probably not,
I might lie and say I'm feeling fine,
For this shall be a secret you can never know.

I think writing this makes me sad,
But why am I sad?
When I know you were never mine to begin with?
I guess every girl would love to have some dreams;
Just not let myself have hopes too high,
For the higher you reach, the more it hurts to fall.

There are so many things I would want to tell you but I can't,
And girl it's killing me inside,
for I yearn to shout them from the mountain tops!
Now that you're gone, least can I whisper to the wind?

I could've loved you with all my heart if you would've let me. 


Love,
Christine


No comments: