Thursday, September 26, 2013

Dance Diary Part 15 - Of A Little New Life

Oh how long had it been? Since my last dance diary in Aug 2011. It's really about time. It makes me sad to think that my dance journey has actually been on hiatus for two whole years! Surely there are the little bits and pieces; like a couple of salsa classes and social dances and picking up New Vogue... but there wasn't much Latin at all. I was devastated... I still am. There is always a part of me that feels like I've failed myself and my teachers.

Where was that promise of continuing to dance wherever I am, whatever I do? (I do still dance, but it's not Latin, and it'll never be the same)  
Where were those dreams and passion and determination?
What about never ever letting that part of me go? 

Without dance, I am just another cold, pompous little soul in a white coat, stuck in a dead-end job, going about the same routine for the rest of my life. What about variations, what about versatility?


It had been half a year since I last did any Latin, even socially.
It really kills me, leaving my single greatest dream.


But then suddenly out of the crypts of my despair, out of the carcass of my fallen dreams, there is something new. It is only tiny, but great. Never as great as its predecessor, but it might... might just be enough for me. And that is all I am seeking for at the moment. A little piece of myself I can still grasp in my hands. A little something that makes me still feel REAL despite everything. And I desperately needed that.


Till the one day I can live my dreams again. No I've never forgotten, Yulia, blackpool and all of it  =)


Signing off,
Christine    

No comments: